Sinhala Dictionary definitions for zone
zone 🔊 /zowˈn/
zone : බඳපටිය
zone : ප්රදේශය
zone : කොට්ඨාශය
zone : කලාපය
zone : මණ්ඩලය
- A girdle; a cincture.
- One of the five great divisions of the earth, with respect to latitude and temperature.
- The portion of the surface of a sphere included between two parallel planes; the portion of a surface of revolution included between two planes perpendicular to the axis.
- A band or stripe extending around a body.
- A band or area of growth encircling anything; as, a zone of evergreens on a mountain; the zone of animal or vegetable life in the ocean around an island or a continent; the Alpine zone, that part of mountains which is above the limit of tree growth.
- A series of planes having mutually parallel intersections.
- Circuit; circumference.
Transitive verb. To girdle; to encircle.