Sinhala Dictionary definitions for win
win 🔊 /wɪˈn/
win : දිනුම
win : ඉෂ්ට කරගන්නවා
win : දිනනවා
win : දනනවා
win : ජය ගන්නවා
win : ජයග්රහණය
win : සාදනවා
win : ජයගන්නවා
- To gain by superiority in competition or contest; to obtain by victory over competitors or rivals; as, to win the prize in a gate; to win money; to win a battle, or to win a country.
- To allure to kindness; to bring to compliance; to gain or obtain, as by solicitation or courtship.
- To gain over to one's side or party; to obtain the favor, friendship, or support of; to render friendly or approving; as, to win an enemy; to win a jury.
- To come to by toil or effort; to reach; to overtake.
- To extract, as ore or coal.
Intransitive verb. To gain the victory; to be successful; to triumph; to prevail.