Sinhala Dictionary definitions for way
way 🔊 /wejˈ/
way : වෙය
way : හැටිය
way : මඟ
way : අයන
way : ක්රමය
way : දියුණුව
way : මග
way : හැසිරීම
way : පථය
way : මංපෙත
way : පිළිවෙළ
way : දුර ප්රමාණය
way : මංකඩ
way : වත
way : ක්රියාමාර්ගය
way : දිසාව
way : මාර්ගය
way : මාවත
way : සරණි
way : සිරිත
- That by, upon, or along, which one passes or processes; opportunity or room to pass; place of passing; passage; road, street, track, or path of any kind; as, they built a way to the mine.
- Length of space; distance; interval; as, a great way; a long way.
- A moving; passage; procession; journey.
- Course or direction of motion or process; tendency of action; advance.
- The means by which anything is reached, or anything is accomplished; scheme; device; plan.
- Manner; method; mode; fashion; style; as, the way of expressing one's ideas.
- Regular course; habitual method of life or action; plan of conduct; mode of dealing.
- Sphere or scope of observation.
- Determined course; resolved mode of action or conduct; as, to have one's way.
- Progress; as, a ship has way.
- The timbers on which a ship is launched.
- The longitudinal guides, or guiding surfaces, on the bed of a planer, lathe, or the like, along which a table or carriage moves.
- Right of way. See below.
Transitive verb. To go or travel to; to go in, as a way or path.
Intransitive verb. To move; to progress; to go.