Sinhala Dictionary definitions for urn
urn 🔊 /ɚˈn/
urn : පූනාව
urn : පූකුරුව
urn : පූනෑව
- A vessel of various forms, usually a vase furnished with a foot or pedestal, employed for different purposes, as for holding liquids, for ornamental uses, for preserving the ashes of the dead after cremation, and anciently for holding lots to be drawn.
- Fig.: Any place of burial; the grave.
- A measure of capacity for liquids, containing about three gallons and a haft, wine measure. It was haft the amphora, and four times the congius.
- A hollow body shaped like an urn, in which the spores of mosses are contained; a spore case; a theca.
- A tea urNoun. See under Tea.
Transitive verb. To inclose in, or as in, an urn; to inurn.