Sinhala Dictionary definitions for tun
tun : ලේගරය
tun : ලොකු පීප්පය
- A large cask; an oblong vessel bulging in the middle, like a pipe or puncheon, and girt with hoops; a wine cask.
- A fermenting vat.
- A certain measure for liquids, as for wine, equal to two pipes, four hogsheads, or 252 gallons. In different countries, the tun differs in quantity.
- A weight of 2,240 pounds. See Ton.
- An indefinite large quantity.
- A drunkard; -- so called humorously, or in contempt.
- Any shell belonging to Dolium and allied genera; -- called also tun-shell.
Intransitive verb. To put into tuns, or casks.