Sinhala Dictionary definitions for try
try 🔊 /tɹajˈ/
try : අත්හදා බලනවා
try : අත්හදා බැලීම
try : උත්සාහ දරනවා
try : වෑයම් කරනවා
try : වෙහෙසෙනවා
try : කැසකවනවා
try : තටු ගහනවා
try : සමේෂණය කරනවා
try : වලිකනවා
try : තටු ගසනවා
try : නඩු විභාග කරනවා
try : වෑයම
try : විභාග කරනවා
- To divide or separate, as one sort from another; to winnow; to sift; to pick out; -- frequently followed by out; as, to try out the wild corn from the good.
- To purify or refine, as metals; to melt out, and procure in a pure state, as oil, tallow, lard, etc.
- To prove by experiment; to apply a test to, for the purpose of determining the quality; to examine; to prove; to test; as, to try weights or measures by a standard; to try a man's opinions.
- To subject to severe trial; to put to the test; to cause suffering or trouble to.
- To experiment with; to test by use; as, to try a remedy for disease; to try a horse.
- To strain; to subject to excessive tests; as, the light tries his eyes; repeated disappointments try one's patience.
- To examine or investigate judicially; to examine by witnesses or other judicial evidence and the principles of law; as, to try a cause, or a criminal.
- To settle; to decide; to determine; specifically, to decide by an appeal to arms; as, to try rival claims by a duel; to try conclusions.
- To experience; to have or gain knowledge of by experience.
- To essay; to attempt; to endeavor.
- Refined; select; excellent; choice.
- To exert strength; to endeavor; to make an effort or an attempt; as, you must try hard if you wish to learn.
- To do; to fare; as, how do you try!
- A screen, or sieve, for grain.
- Act of trying; attempt; experiment; trial.