Sinhala Dictionary definitions for top
top 🔊 /tɑˈp or tɔˈp/
top : ඉස
top : මස්තක
top : මුඳුන්
top : අග්ගිස්ස
top : ම
top : ඉතා උස් තැන
top : උඩ
top : අගිස්ස
top : තලය
top : මුඳුන
top : බඹරය
top : අග්රය
top : බමරය
top : මුදුන
top : මත
top : ඉහළ
top : මුහුණත
top : මුඳුනට පැමිණෙනවා
top : අග්ගිස් කපනවා
top : උඩු
top : මුදුන්
top : මුඳුනෙහි පිහිටා තිබෙනවා
top : ඉහළම
top : අග
top : අග්ර
top : අග්රස්ථානයට පැමිණෙනවා
top : උසස්
- A child's toy, commonly in the form of a conoid or pear, made to spin on its point, usually by drawing off a string wound round its surface or stem, the motion being sometimes continued by means of a whip.
- A plug, or conical block of wood, with longitudital grooves on its surface, in which the strands of the rope slide in the process of twisting.
- The highest part of anything; the upper end, edge, or extremity; the upper side or surface; summit; apex; vertex; cover; lid; as, the top of a spire; the top of a house; the top of a mountain; the top of the ground.
- The utmost degree; the acme; the summit.
- The highest rank; the most honorable position; the utmost attainable place; as, to be at the top of one's class, or at the top of the school.
- The chief person; the most prominent one.
- The crown of the head, or the hair upon it; the head.
- The head, or upper part, of a plant.
- A platform surrounding the head of the lower mast and projecting on all sudes. It serves to spead the topmast rigging, thus strengheningthe mast, and also furnishes a convenient standing place for the men aloft.
- A bundle or ball of slivers of comkbed wool, from which the noils, or dust, have been taken out.
- Eve; verge; point.
- The part of a cut gem between the girdle, or circumference, and the table, or flat upper surface.
- To rise aloft; to be eminent; to tower; as, lofty ridges and topping mountains.
- To predominate; as, topping passions.
- To excel; to rise above others.
- To cover on the top; to tip; to cap; -- chiefly used in the past participle.
- To rise above; to excel; to outgo; to surpass.
- To rise to the top of; to go over the top of.
- To take off the or upper part of; to crop.
- To perform eminently, or better than before.
- To raise one end of, as a yard, so that that end becomes higher than the other.