Sinhala Dictionary definitions for toe
toe 🔊 /towˈ/
toe : පාඟිල්ල
toe : පයින් ගහනවා
toe : පාදාංගුලිය
toe : ඇඟිල්ල
toe : මූණත
toe : පයේ ඇඟිල්ල
toe : අක්පාව
- One of the terminal members, or digits, of the foot of a man or an animal.
- The fore part of the hoof or foot of an animal.
- Anything, or any part, corresponding to the toe of the foot; as, the toe of a boot; the toe of a skate.
- The journal, or pivot, at the lower end of a revolving shaft or spindle, which rests in a step.
- A lateral projection at one end, or between the ends, of a piece, as a rod or bolt, by means of which it is moved.
- A projection from the periphery of a revolving piece, acting as a cam to lift another piece.
Transitive verb. To touch or reach with the toes; to come fully up to; as, to toe the mark.
Intransitive verb. To hold or carry the toes (in a certain way).