Sinhala Dictionary definitions for tax
tax 🔊 /tæˈks/
tax : කර
tax : බදු
tax : කප්පම්
tax : සුංක
tax : බද්ද
tax : අයබද්ද
tax : සුංගම්
tax : තීරුව
tax : කරවුවර
tax : බරපතළ අමාරුව
tax : සුංකම්
tax : ශුල්කය
- A charge, especially a pecuniary burden which is imposed by authority.
- A charge or burden laid upon persons or property for the support of a government.
- Especially, the sum laid upon specific things, as upon polls, lands, houses, income, etc.; as, a land tax; a window tax; a tax on carriages, and the like.
- A sum imposed or levied upon the members of a society to defray its expenses.
- A task exacted from one who is under control; a contribution or service, the rendering of which is imposed upon a subject.
- A disagreeable or burdensome duty or charge; as, a heavy tax on time or health.
- Charge; censure.
- A lesson to be learned; a task.
- To subject to the payment of a tax or taxes; to impose a tax upon; to lay a burden upon; especially, to exact money from for the support of government.
- To assess, fix, or determine judicially, the amount of; as, to tax the cost of an action in court.
- To charge; to accuse; also, to censure; -- often followed by with, rarely by of before an indirect object; as, to tax a man with pride.