Sinhala Dictionary definitions for sue
sue 🔊 /suˈ/
sue : නඩු කියනවා
- To follow up; to chase; to seek after; to endeavor to win; to woo.
- To seek justice or right from, by legal process; to institute process in law against; to bring an action against; to prosecute judicially.
- To proceed with, as an action, and follow it up to its proper termination; to gain by legal process.
- To clean, as the beak; -- said of a hawk.
- To leave high and dry on shore; as, to sue a ship.
- To seek by request; to make application; to petition; to entreat; to plead.
- To prosecute; to make legal claim; to seek (for something) in law; as, to sue for damages.
- To woo; to pay addresses as a lover.
- To be left high and dry on the shore, as a ship.