Sinhala Dictionary definitions for spy
spy 🔊 /spajˈ/
spy : රහසින් පරීක්ෂා කරනවා
spy : චරපුරුෂයා
spy : ඔත්තු බලනවා
spy : ඔත්තුකාරයා
spy : ඔත්තුබලන්නා
spy : චරයා
spy : දුර සිට දකිනවා
spy : චරපුරුෂ
- To gain sight of; to discover at a distance, or in a state of concealment; to espy; to see.
- To discover by close search or examination.
- To explore; to view; inspect; and examine secretly, as a country; -- usually with out.
Intransitive verb. To search narrowly; to scrutinize.
- One who keeps a constant watch of the conduct of others.
- A person sent secretly into an enemy's camp, territory, or fortifications, to inspect his works, ascertain his strength, movements, or designs, and to communicate such intelligence to the proper officer.