Sinhala Dictionary definitions for so
so 🔊 /sowˈ/
so : වත්
so : එබැවින්
so : එසේ
so : මෙපමණ
so : එතරම්
so : එනිසා
so : මෙලෙස
- In that manner or degree; as, indicated (in any way), or as implied, or as supposed to be known.
- In like manner or degree; in the same way; thus; for like reason; whith equal reason; -- used correlatively, following as, to denote comparison or resemblance; sometimes, also, following inasmuch as.
- In such manner; to such degree; -- used correlatively with as or that following; as, he was so fortunate as to escape.
- Very; in a high degree; that is, in such a degree as can not well be expressed; as, he is so good; he planned so wisely.
- In the same manner; as has been stated or suggested; in this or that condition or state; under these circumstances; in this way; -- with reflex reference to something just asserted or implied; used also with the verb to be, as a predicate.
- The case being such; therefore; on this account; for this reason; on these terms; -- used both as an adverb and a conjuction.
- It is well; let it be as it is, or let it come to pass; -- used to express assent.
- Well; the fact being as stated; -- used as an expletive; as, so the work is done, is it?
- Is it thus? do you mean what you say? -- with an upward tone; as, do you say he refuses? So?
- About the number, time, or quantity specified; thereabouts; more or less; as, I will spend a week or so in the country; I have read only a page or so.
conj. Provided that; on condition that; in case that; if.