Sinhala Dictionary definitions for sin
sin 🔊 /sɪˈn/
sin : සයිනය
sin : පව
sin : පව්
sin : වරද
sin : සයින්
sin : පාප කර්මය
sin : පාපය
sin : පව් කරනවා
sin : අකුසලය
sin : අධර්මය
sin : කරුමය
sin : අකුසල
sin : දුසිරිතෙහි හැසිරෙනවා
Adverb., prep., & conj. Old form of Since.
- Transgression of the law of God; disobedience of the divine command; any violation of God's will, either in purpose or conduct; moral deficiency in the character; iniquity; as, sins of omission and sins of commission.
- An offense, in general; a violation of propriety; a misdemeanor; as, a sin against good manners.
- A sin offering; a sacrifice for sin.
- An embodiment of sin; a very wicked person.
- To depart voluntarily from the path of duty prescribed by God to man; to violate the divine law in any particular, by actual transgression or by the neglect or nonobservance of its injunctions; to violate any known rule of duty; -- often followed by against.
- To violate human rights, law, or propriety; to commit an offense; to trespass; to transgress.