Sinhala Dictionary definitions for shy
shy 🔊 /ʃajˈ/
shy : වෑයම
shy : සමච්චලය
shy : යමක් දමාගසනවා
shy : කුලෑටි
shy : වීසි කරනවා
shy : කොහොල්
- Easily frightened; timid; as, a shy bird.
- Reserved; coy; disinclined to familiar approach.
- Cautious; wary; suspicious.
Adjective. To start suddenly aside through fright or suspicion; -- said especially of horses.
Transitive verb. To throw sidewise with a jerk; to fling; as, to shy a stone; to shy a slipper.
- A sudden start aside, as by a horse.
- A side throw; a throw; a fling.