Sinhala Dictionary definitions for see
see 🔊 /siˈ/
see : හමු වීමට යනවා
see : පෙනෙනවා
see : ඉඩ දෙනවා
see : තේරුම්ගන්නවා
see : බලා ඉන්නවා
see : දකිනවා
see : කෙනකු හමු වෙනවා
see : නහමනවා
see : කැටුව යනවා
see : තේරෙනවා
see : බලනවා
see : පේනවා
see : පාරිදර්ශක ප්රදේශය
see : කටුවල
see : නරඹනවා
- A seat; a site; a place where sovereign power is exercised.
- Specifically: (a) The seat of episcopal power; a diocese; the jurisdiction of a bishop; as, the see of New York. (b) The seat of an archibishop; a province or jurisdiction of an archibishop; as, an archiepiscopal see. (c) The seat, place, or office of the pope, or Roman pontiff; as, the papal see. (d) The pope or his court at Rome; as, to appeal to the see of Rome.
- To perceive by the eye; to have knowledge of the existence and apparent qualities of by the organs of sight; to behold; to descry; to view.
- To perceive by mental vision; to form an idea or conception of; to note with the mind; to observe; to discern; to distinguish; to understand; to comprehend; to ascertain.
- To follow with the eyes, or as with the eyes; to watch; to regard attentivelly; to look after.
- To have an interview with; especially, to make a call upon; to visit; as, to go to see a friend.
- To fall in with; to have intercourse or communication with; hence, to have knowledge or experience of; as, to see military service.
- To accompany in person; to escort; to wait upon; as, to see one home; to see one aboard the cars.
- To have the power of sight, or of perceiving by the proper organs; to possess or employ the sense of vision; as, he sees distinctly.
- Figuratively: To have intellectual apprehension; to perceive; to know; to understand; to discern; -- often followed by a preposition, as through, or into.
- To be attentive; to take care; to give heed; -- generally with to; as, to see to the house.