Sinhala Dictionary definitions for saw
saw 🔊 /sɔˈ/
saw : පැරණි කියමන
saw : ඉරණවා
saw : කියත
saw : ආප්තෝපදේශය
saw : ඉරෙනවා
saw : දිටි
saw : ඉරනවා
Imperative. of See.
- Something said; speech; discourse.
- A saying; a proverb; a maxim.
- Dictate; command; decree.
- To cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw timber or marble.
- To form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles; to saw out a panel.
- Also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
Noun. An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of the material by cutting and tearing.
- To use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
- To cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
- To be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
Imperative. of See