Sinhala Dictionary definitions for sap
sap 🔊 /sæˈp/
sap : උමං කණිනවා
sap : සජාව
sap : යටින් හාරනවා
sap : යුෂ
sap : සාරුව
sap : වීර්යය
sap : මෝඩයා
sap : සජස
sap : යුෂය
sap : සරස
sap : ඉස්ම
sap : හොරෙන් යනවා
sap : සාරය
- The juice of plants of any kind, especially the ascending and descending juices or circulating fluid essential to nutrition.
- The sapwood, or alburnum, of a tree.
- A simpleton; a saphead; a milksop.
- A narrow ditch or trench made from the foremost parallel toward the glacis or covert way of a besieged place by digging under cover of gabions, etc.
- To subvert by digging or wearing away; to mine; to undermine; to destroy the foundation of.
- To pierce with saps.
- To make unstable or infirm; to unsettle; to weaken.
Intransitive verb. To proceed by mining, or by secretly undermining; to execute saps.