Sinhala Dictionary definitions for rip
rip 🔊 /ɹɪˈp/
rip : මහත් වේගයෙන් දුවනවා
rip : ඉරා වෙන් කරනවා
rip : ඉරුම
rip : පළනවා
rip : ඉරනවා
rip : දිග පැල්ම
- A wicker fish basket.
- A rent made by ripping, Especially. by a seam giving way; a tear; a place torn; laceration.
- A term applied to a mean, worthless thing or person, as to a scamp, a debauchee, or a prostitute, or a worn-out horse.
- A body of water made rough by the meeting of opposing tides or currents.
- To divide or separate the parts of, by cutting or tearing; to tear or cut open or off; to tear off or out by violence; as, to rip a garment by cutting the stitches; to rip off the skin of a beast; to rip up a floor; -- commonly used with up, open, off.
- To get by, or as by, cutting or tearing.
- To tear up for search or disclosure, or for alteration; to search to the bottom; to discover; to disclose; -- usually with up.
- To saw (wood) lengthwise of the grain or fiber.