Sinhala Dictionary definitions for rig
rig 🔊 /ɹɪˈg/
rig : විශේෂ ඇඳුම් අන්දනවා
rig : පැළඳගන්නවා
rig : පෙරුම් පුරනවා
rig : කුඹය
rig : විදුම් යත
- A ridge.
- The peculiar fitting in shape, number, and arrangement of sails and masts, by which different types of vessels are distinguished; as, schooner rig, ship rig, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
- Dress; Especially., odd or fanciful clothing.
- A romp; a wanton; one given to unbecoming conduct.
- A sportive or unbecoming trick; a frolic.
- A blast of wind.
- To furnish with apparatus or gear; to fit with tackling.
- To dress; to equip; to clothe, especially in an odd or fanciful manner; -- commonly followed by out.
- To make free with; hence, to steal; to pilfer.
Intransitive verb. To play the wanton; to act in an unbecoming manner; to play tricks.