Sinhala Dictionary definitions for rap
rap 🔊 /ɹæˈp/
rap : තට්ටු කිරීම
rap : ඉක්මන් පහර
rap : ඉක්මන් පහරක් දෙනවා
rap : සොච්චම
rap : අවලංගු කාසිය
rap : තට්ටු කරනවා
- A lay or skein containing 120 yards of yarn.
- A quick, smart blow; a knock.
- A popular name for any of the tokens that passed current for a half-penny in Ireland in the early part of the eighteenth century; any coin of trifling value.
Intransitive verb. To strike with a quick, sharp blow; to knock; as, to rap on the door.
- To strike with a quick blow; to knock on.
- To free (a pattern) in a mold by light blows on the pattern, so as to facilitate its removal.
- To snatch away; to seize and hurry off.
- To hasten.
- To seize and bear away, as the mind or thoughts; to transport out of one's self; to affect with ecstasy or rapture; as, rapt into admiration.
- To exchange; to truck.