Sinhala Dictionary definitions for ram
ram 🔊 /ɹæˈm/
ram : තිරෙළුවා
ram : මේෂ රාශිය
ram : බැටළුවා
ram : වැරෙන් පහර දෙනවා
ram : තළනය
ram : තළනවා
ram : තදකොට ඔබනවා
ram : රැමිය
ram : ජම්බාර ගහනවා
ram : පොඩිපට්ටම් කරනවා
ram : ජම්බාරය
- The male of the sheep and allied animals. In some parts of England a ram is called a tup.
- Aries, the sign of the zodiac which the sun enters about the 21st of March.
- The constellation Aries, which does not now, as formerly, occupy the sign of the same name.
- An engine of war used for butting or battering.
- In ancient warfare, a long beam suspended by slings in a framework, and used for battering the walls of cities; a battering-ram.
- A heavy steel or iron beak attached to the prow of a steam war vessel for piercing or cutting down the vessel of an enemy; also, a vessel carrying such a beak.
- A hydraulic ram. See under Hydraulic.
- The weight which strikes the blow, in a pile driver, steam hammer, stamp mill, or the like.
- The plunger of a hydraulic press.
- To butt or strike against; to drive a ram against or through; to thrust or drive with violence; to force in; to drive together; to cram; as, to ram an enemy's vessel; to ram piles, cartridges, etc.
- To fill or compact by pounding or driving.