Sinhala Dictionary definitions for quit
quit 🔊 /kwɪˈt/
quit : නිදහස් කරනවා
quit : හැර යනවා
quit : නිදහස්
quit : පිටවෙනවා
quit : ඉවත්ව යනවා
quit : හැසිරෙනවා
quit : නිදොස්
quit : නික්මෙනවා
quit : අත්හරිනවා
Verb. Released from obligation, charge, penalty, etc.; free; clear; absolved; acquitted.
- To set at rest; to free, as from anything harmful or oppressive; to relieve; to clear; to liberate.
- To release from obligation, accusation, penalty, or the like; to absolve; to acquit.
- To discharge, as an obligation or duty; to meet and satisfy, as a claim or debt; to make payment for or of; to requite; to repay.
- To meet the claims upon, or expectations entertained of; to conduct; to acquit; -- used reflexively.
- To carry through; to go through to the end.
- To have done with; to cease from; to stop; hence, to depart from; to leave; to forsake; as, to quit work; to quit the place; to quit jesting.
Intransitive verb. To away; to depart; to stop doing a thing; to cease.