Sinhala Dictionary definitions for quiet
quiet 🔊 /kwajˈʌt/
quiet : සනසනවා
quiet : සන්සුන්
quiet : නිශ්චල කරනවා
quiet : නිශ්චල
quiet : කරදර නැති
quiet : නිශ්ශබ්දතාව
quiet : කලබල නැති
quiet : විවේකී
quiet : ශාන්ත
quiet : නිසොල්මන
quiet : නිශ්චල වෙනවා
quiet : නැලවෙනවා
quiet : නලවනවා
quiet : සෞම්ය
quiet : ශාන්තභාවය
quiet : මෘදු
quiet : ගුප්ත
- In a state of rest or calm; without stir, motion, or agitation; still; as, a quiet sea; quiet air.
- Free from noise or disturbance; hushed; still.
- Not excited or anxious; calm; peaceful; placid; settled; as, a quiet life; a quiet conscience.
- Not giving offense; not exciting disorder or trouble; not turbulent; gentle; mild; meek; contented.
- Not showy; not such as to attract attention; undemonstrative; as, a quiet dress; quiet colors; a quiet movement.
- The quality or state of being quiet, or in repose; as an hour or a time of quiet.
- Freedom from disturbance, noise, or alarm; stillness; tranquillity; peace; security.
- To stop motion in; to still; to reduce to a state of rest, or of silence.
- To calm; to appease; to pacify; to lull; to allay; to tranquillize; as, to quiet the passions; to quiet clamors or disorders; to quiet pain or grief.
Intransitive verb. To become still, silent, or calm; -- often with down; as, be soon quieted down.