Sinhala Dictionary definitions for quack
quack 🔊 /kwæˈk/
quack : කූට වෛද්යවරයා
quack : පොට්ටනි වෙදා
quack : නිෂ්ඵල
quack : තාරාවන්ගේ හඬ
quack : බොරු
quack : බොරු කාරයා
- To utter a sound like the cry of a duck.
- To make vain and loud pretensions; to boast.
- To act the part of a quack, or pretender.
- The cry of the duck, or a sound in imitation of it; a hoarse, quacking noise.
- A boastful pretender to medical skill; an empiric; an ignorant practitioner.
- Hence, one who boastfully pretends to skill or knowledge of any kind not possessed; a charlatan.
Adjective. Pertaining to or characterized by, boasting and pretension; used by quacks; pretending to cure diseases; as, a quack medicine; a quack doctor.