Sinhala Dictionary definitions for pop
pop 🔊 /pɑˈp/
pop : නව විලාසිතා
pop : හඬ ඇතිව
pop : සිහින් පිපිරුම් හඬ
pop : හදිසියෙන්
pop : උකස
- A small, sharp, quick explosive sound or report; as, to go off with a pop.
- An unintoxicating beverage which expels the cork with a pop from the bottle containing it; as, ginger pop; lemon pop, etc.
- The European redwing.
- To make a pop, or sharp, quick sound; as, the muskets popped away on all sides.
- To enter, or issue forth, with a quick, sudden movement; to move from place to place suddenly; to dart; -- with in, out, upon, off, etc.
- To burst open with a pop, when heated over a fire; as, this corn pops well.
- To thrust or push suddenly; to offer suddenly; to bring suddenly and unexpectedly to notice; as, to pop one's head in at the door.
- To cause to pop; to cause to burst open by heat, as grains of Indian corn; as, to pop corn or chestnuts.
Adverb. Like a pop; suddenly; unexpectedly.