Sinhala Dictionary definitions for ply
ply 🔊 /plajˈ/
ply : වැඩෙහි යෙදෙනවා
ply : ආස්තරණය
ply : තට්ටු
ply : පට
ply : පටය
- To bend.
- To lay on closely, or in folds; to work upon steadily, or with repeated acts; to press upon; to urge importunately; as, to ply one with questions, with solicitations, or with drink.
- To employ diligently; to use steadily.
- To practice or perform with diligence; to work at.
- To bend; to yield.
- To act, go, or work diligently and steadily; especially, to do something by repeated actions; to go back and forth; as, a steamer plies between certain ports.
- To work to windward; to beat.
- A fold; a plait; a turn or twist, as of a cord.
- Bent; turn; direction; bias.