Sinhala Dictionary definitions for peg
peg 🔊 /pɛˈg/
peg : ලී ඇණවලින් සවි කරනවා
peg : නාදැත්ත
peg : කාදැත්ත
peg : කොක්ක
peg : ලී ඇණ වලින් සවි කරනවා
peg : ඇබය
peg : ඇණය
peg : බීම අඩිය
peg : කූඤ්ඤය
peg : කරඇණය
peg : ඇණහිටවනවා
peg : ඛීලය
- A small, pointed piece of wood, used in fastening boards together, in attaching the soles of boots or shoes, etc.; as, a shoe peg.
- A wooden pin, or nail, on which to hang things, as coats, etc. Hence, colloquially and figuratively: A support; a reason; a pretext; as, a peg to hang a claim upon.
- One of the pins of a musical instrument, on which the strings are strained.
- One of the pins used for marking points on a cribbage board.
- A step; a degree; Especially. in the slang phrase "To take one down peg."
- To put pegs into; to fasten the parts of with pegs; as, to peg shoes; to confine with pegs; to restrict or limit closely.
- To score with a peg, as points in the game; as, she pegged twelwe points.
Intransitive verb. To work diligently, as one who pegs shoes; -- usually with on, at, or away; as, to peg away at a task.