Sinhala Dictionary definitions for pant
pant 🔊 /pæˈnt/
pant : හති දැමීම
pant : හති දමනවා
- To breathe quickly or in a labored manner, as after exertion or from eagerness or excitement; to respire with heaving of the breast; to gasp.
- Hence: To long eagerly; to desire earnestly.
- To beat with unnatural violence or rapidity; to palpitate, or throb; -- said of the heart.
- To sigh; to flutter; to languish.
- To breathe forth quickly or in a labored manner; to gasp out.
- To long for; to be eager after.
- A quick breathing; a catching of the breath; a gasp.
- A violent palpitation of the heart.