Sinhala Dictionary definitions for palm
palm 🔊 /pɑˈm or pɑˈlm/
palm : අල්ලෙහි සඟවාගන්නවා
palm : අල්ලස්
palm : අල්ල
palm : ජයකොන්තය
palm : අල්ලක ප්රමාණය
palm : අත්ල
palm : තෘණද්රුම
palm : තාලවර්ගයේ ගස
- The inner and somewhat concave part of the hand between the bases of the fingers and the wrist.
- A lineal measure equal either to the breadth of the hand or to its length from the wrist to the ends of the fingers; a hand; -- used in measuring a horse's height.
- A metallic disk, attached to a strap, and worn the palm of the hand, -- used to push the needle through the canvas, in sewing sails, etc.
- The broad flattened part of an antler, as of a full-grown fallow deer; -- so called as resembling the palm of the hand with its protruding fingers.
- The flat inner face of an anchor fluke.
- Any endogenous tree of the order Palmae or Palmaceae; a palm tree.
- A branch or leaf of the palm, anciently borne or worn as a symbol of victory or rejoicing.
- Any symbol or token of superiority, success, or triumph; also, victory; triumph; supremacy.
- To handle.
- To manipulate with, or conceal in, the palm of the hand; to juggle.
- To impose by fraud, as by sleight of hand; to put by unfair means; -- usually with off.