Sinhala Dictionary definitions for one
one 🔊 /wʌˈn or hwʌˈn/
one : ඒකය
one : එක්
one : ඒක
one : එක
one : එක්තරා
one : එකා
one : අසහාය
one : එකෙක්
one : එ
one : ඒකත්වය
one : කේවල
one : එකේ ඉලක්කම
- Being a single unit, or entire being or thing, and no more; not multifold; single; individual.
- Denoting a person or thing conceived or spoken of indefinitely; a certaiNoun. "I am the sister of one Claudio" [Shak.], that is, of a certain man named Claudio.
- Pointing out a contrast, or denoting a particular thing or person different from some other specified; -- used as a correlative adjective, with or without the.
- Closely bound together; undivided; united; constituting a whole.
- Single in kind; the same; a common.
- Single; inmarried.
- A single unit; as, one is the base of all numbers.
- A symbol representing a unit, as 1, or i.
- A single person or thing.
indef. proNoun. Any person, indefinitely; a person or body; as, what one would have well done, one should do one's self.
Transitive verb. To cause to become one; to gather into a single whole; to unite; to assimilite.