Sinhala Dictionary definitions for nip
nip 🔊 /nɪˈp/
nip : වනසනවා
nip : ඩිංග
nip : කෙනිත්තීම
nip : අධික ශීතල
nip : කොනහනවා
nip : කරටිය කඩා දැමීම
nip : කුඩා මත්පැන් වීදුරුව
nip : වැම නතර කරනවා
nip : තදින් මිරිකීම
nip : වැම නවත්වනවා
nip : කොනිත්තනවා
nip : හනු කෝණය
- A sip or small draught; Especially., a draught of intoxicating liquor; a dram.
- A seizing or closing in upon; a pinching; as, in the northern seas, the nip of masses of ice.
- A pinch with the nails or teeth.
- A small cut, or a cutting off the end.
- A blast; a killing of the ends of plants by frost.
- A biting sarcasm; a taunt.
- A short turn in a rope.
- To catch and inclose or compress tightly between two surfaces, or points which are brought together or closed; to pinch; to close in upon.
- To remove by pinching, biting, or cutting with two meeting edges of anything; to clip.
- Hence: To blast, as by frost; to check the growth or vigor of; to destroy.
- To vex or pain, as by nipping; hence, to taunt.