Sinhala Dictionary definitions for new
new 🔊 /nuˈ or njuˈ/
new : දහර
new : නව
new : අලුත
new : නවීන
new : අමුතු
new : නුපුරුදු
new : වෙනස්
new : කෝඩු
new : අභිනව
new : නූ
new : ළඟදී
new : අලුත්
- Having existed, or having been made, but a short time; having originated or occured lately; having recently come into existence, or into one's possession; not early or long in being; of late origin; recent; fresh; modern; -- opposed to old, as, a new coat; a new house; a new book; a new fashion.
- Not before seen or known, although existing before; lately manifested; recently discovered; as, a new metal; a new planet; new scenes.
- Newly beginning or recurring; starting anew; now commencing; different from has been; as, a new year; a new course or direction.
- As if lately begun or made; having the state or quality of original freshness; also, changed for the better; renovated; unworn; untried; unspent; as, rest and travel made him a new man.
- Not of ancient extraction, or of a family of ancient descent; not previously kniwn or famous.
- Not habituated; not familiar; unaccustomed.
- Fresh from anything; newly come.
Adverb. Newly; recently.
Transitive verb. & i. To make new; to renew.