Sinhala Dictionary definitions for nap
nap 🔊 /næˈp/
nap : බූව
nap : කඩදාසි සෙල්ලමක්
nap : අඩ නින්ද
nap : ටික වේලාවක් නිඳාගන්නවා
- To have a short sleep; to be drowsy; to doze.
- To be in a careless, secure state.
- A short sleep; a doze; a siesta.
- Woolly or villous surface of felt, cloth, plants, etc.; an external covering of down, of short fine hairs or fibers forming part of the substance of anything, and lying smoothly in one direction; the pile; -- as, the nap of cotton flannel or of broadcloth.
- The loops which are cut to make the pile, in velvet.
Transitive verb. To raise, or put, a nap on.