Sinhala Dictionary definitions for man
man 🔊 /mæˈn/
man : පිරිමියා
man : පිරිමි වැඩකාරයා
man : සපයනවා
man : පුරුෂයා
man : මනුජ
man : මිනිහා
man : මනුෂ්යයා
man : මානවයා
man : වැඩට මිනිසුන් යොදනවා
man : මිනිස් වර්ගය
man : පංකාව
man : වීරයා
man : මිනිසා
man : වල්ලභයා
man : නර
man : පුරිස
man : දිපද
man : මර්ත්ය
man : හිතේශිවන්තයා
- A human being; -- opposed tobeast.
- Especially: An adult male person; a grown-up male person, as distinguished from a woman or a child.
- The human race; mankind.
- The male portion of the human race.
- One possessing in a high degree the distinctive qualities of manhood; one having manly excellence of any kind.
- An adult male servant; also, a vassal; a subject.
- A term of familiar address often implying on the part of the speaker some degree of authority, impatience, or haste; as, Come, man, we 've no time to lose!
- A married man; a husband; -- correlative to wife.
- One, or any one, indefinitely; -- a modified survival of the Saxon use of man, or mon, as an indefinite pronoun.
- One of the piece with which certain games, as chess or draughts, are played.
- To supply with men; to furnish with a sufficient force or complement of men, as for management, service, defense, or the like; to guard; as, to man a ship, boat, or fort.
- To furnish with strength for action; to prepare for efficiency; to fortify.
- To tame, as a hawk.
- To furnish with a servants.
- To wait on as a manservant.