Sinhala Dictionary definitions for lug
lug 🔊 /lʌˈg/
lug : දිවත
lug : තුඩුව
lug : කන
lug : අමාරුවෙන් ඇදගෙන යනවා
- The ear, or its lobe.
- That which projects like an ear, Especially. that by which anything is supported, carried, or grasped, or to which a support is fastened; an ear; as, the lugs of a kettle; the lugs of a founder's flask; the lug (handle) of a jug.
- A projecting piece to which anything, as a rod, is attached, or against which anything, as a wedge or key, bears, or through which a bolt passes, etc.
- The leather loop or ear by which a shaft is held up.
- The lugworm.
- The act of lugging; as, a hard lug; that which is lugged; as, the pack is a heavy lug.
- Anything which moves slowly.
- A rod or pole.
- A measure of length, being 16/ feet; a rod, pole, or perch.
- To pull with force; to haul; to drag along; to carry with difficulty, as something heavy or cumbersome.
- To move slowly and heavily.