Sinhala Dictionary definitions for log
log 🔊 /lɔˈg/
log : දැව කොටය
log : ලඝුගණකය
log : දශමාංශය
log : කොටය
log : ලොගය
log : ලී කඳ
log : කඳ
log : ළොඹුව
log : ලඝු
- A Hebrew measure of liquids, containing 2.37 gills.
- A bulky piece of wood which has not been shaped by hewing or sawing.
- An apparatus for measuring the rate of a ship's motion through the water.
- Hence: The record of the rate of ship's speed or of her daily progress; also, the full nautical record of a ship's cruise or voyage; a log slate; a log book.
- A record and tabulated statement of the work done by an engine, as of a steamship, of the coal consumed, and of other items relating to the performance of machinery during a given time.
- A weight or block near the free end of a hoisting rope to prevent it from being drawn through the sheave.
Transitive verb. To enter in a ship's log book; as, to log the miles run.
- To engage in the business of cutting or transporting logs for timber; to get out logs.
- To move to and fro; to rock.