Sinhala Dictionary definitions for lip
lip 🔊 /lɪˈp/
lip : ඔෂ්ඨය
lip : ගැටිය
lip : තොල්ගහනවා
lip : තොලුව
lip : අද්දර
lip : ලවනත
lip : තොල
lip : ලවන
lip : අධර
lip : පැහිහච්චකම
lip : සෂ්ඨය
- One of the two fleshy folds which surround the orifice of the mouth in man and many other animals. In man the lips are organs of speech essential to certain articulations. Hence, by a figure they denote the mouth, or all the organs of speech, and sometimes speech itself.
- An edge of an opening; a thin projecting part of anything; a kind of short open spout; as, the lip of a vessel.
- The sharp cutting edge on the end of an auger.
- One of the two opposite divisions of a labiate corolla.
- The odd and peculiar petal in the Orchis family. See Orchidaceous.
- One of the edges of the aperture of a univalve shell.
- To touch with the lips; to put the lips to; hence, to kiss.
- To utter; to speak.
- To clip; to trim.