Sinhala Dictionary definitions for lid
lid 🔊 /lɪˈd/
lid : ඡාදනය
lid : පිධානය
lid : ඩප්පිය
lid : අපිධානය
lid : වහන
lid : මූඩිය
lid : වැස්ම
lid : පියන
lid : වැහුම
lid : කරමූඩිය
- That which covers the opening of a vessel or box, etc.; a movable cover; as, the lid of a chest or trunk.
- The cover of the eye; an eyelid.
- The cover of the spore cases of mosses.
- A calyx which separates from the flower, and falls off in a single piece, as in the Australian Eucalypti.
- The top of an ovary which opens transversely, as in the fruit of the purslane and the tree which yields Brazil nuts.