Sinhala Dictionary definitions for let
let 🔊 /lɛˈt/
let : බද්දට දෙනවා
let : බාධාව
let : ඉඩ දෙනවා
let : ප්රමාදය
let : අවසර දෙනවා
let : කුලියට දෙනවා
- To retard; to hinder; to impede; to oppose.
- To leave; to relinquish; to abandon.
- To consider; to think; to esteem.
- To cause; to make; -- used with the infinitive in the active form but in the passive sense; as, let make, i. e., cause to be made; let bring, i. e., cause to be brought.
- To permit; to allow; to suffer; -- either affirmatively, by positive act, or negatively, by neglecting to restrain or prevent.
- To allow to be used or occupied for a compensation; to lease; to rent; to hire out; -- often with out; as, to let a farm; to let a house; to let out horses.
- To give, grant, or assign, as a work, privilege, or contract; -- often with out; as, to let the building of a bridge; to let out the lathing and the plastering.
- A retarding; hindrance; obstacle; impediment; delay; -- common in the phrase without let or hindrance, but elsewhere archaic.
- A stroke in which a ball touches the top of the net in passing over.
- To forbear.
- To be let or leased; as, the farm lets for $500 a year. See note under Let, Transitive verb.