Sinhala Dictionary definitions for leg
leg 🔊 /lɛˈg/
leg : කකුල
leg : පාදය
leg : අඬුව
leg : දුවනවා
leg : ඇවිදිනවා
leg : ගාතය
- A limb or member of an animal used for supporting the body, and in running, climbing, and swimming; Especially., that part of the limb between the knee and foot.
- That which resembles a leg in form or use; especially, any long and slender support on which any object rests; as, the leg of a table; the leg of a pair of compasses or dividers.
- The part of any article of clothing which covers the leg; as, the leg of a stocking or of a pair of trousers.
- A bow, Especially. in the phrase to make a leg; probably from drawing the leg backward in bowing.
- A disreputable sporting character; a blackleg.
- The course and distance made by a vessel on one tack or between tacks.
- An extension of the boiler downward, in the form of a narrow space between vertical plates, sometimes nearly surrounding the furnace and ash pit, and serving to support the boiler; -- called also water leg.
- The case containing the lower part of the belt which carries the buckets.
- A fielder whose position is on the outside, a little in rear of the batter.
- To use as a leg, with it as object
- To bow.
- To run.