Sinhala Dictionary definitions for lag
lag 🔊 /læˈg/
lag : හෙමිහිට ගමන් කරනවා
lag : අවුරනවා
lag : ලැග්ම
lag : සුනංගුව
lag : පමාව
lag : හිරේ දමනවා
lag : ගාටනවා
lag : විලම්බය
lag : සුනංගු වෙනවා
- Coming tardily after or behind; slow; tardy.
- Last; long-delayed; -- obsolete, except in the phrase lag end.
- Last made; hence, made of refuse; inferior.
- One who lags; that which comes in last.
- The fag-end; the rump; hence, the lowest class.
- The amount of retardation of anything, as of a valve in a steam engine, in opening or closing.
- A stave of a cask, drum, etc.; especially (Mach.), one of the narrow boards or staves forming the covering of a cylindrical object, as a boiler, or the cylinder of a carding machine or a steam engine.
- See Graylag.
- One transported for a crime.
Intransitive verb. To walk or more slowly; to stay or fall behind; to linger or loiter.
- To cause to lag; to slacken.
- To cover, as the cylinder of a steam engine, with lags. See Lag, n., 4.
- To transport for crime.