Sinhala Dictionary definitions for jog
jog 🔊 /ʤɑˈg/
jog : අවුස්සනවා
jog : හෙමින් දුවනවා
jog : යන්තමින් කෙරෙනවා
jog : ප්රබෝධ කරනවා
- To push or shake with the elbow or hand; to jostle; Especially., to push or touch, in order to give notice, to excite one's attention, or to warn.
- To suggest to; to notify; to remind; to call the attention of; as, to jog the memory.
- To cause to jog; to drive at a jog, as a horse. See Jog, Verb. i.
Intransitive verb. To move by jogs or small shocks, like those of a slow trot; to move slowly, leisurely, or monotonously; -- usually with on, sometimes with over.
- A slight shake; a shake or push intended to give notice or awaken attention; a push; a jolt.
- A rub; a slight stop; an obstruction; hence, an irregularity in motion of from; a hitch; a break in the direction of a line or the surface of a plane.