Sinhala Dictionary definitions for jet
jet 🔊 /ʤɛˈt/
jet : චංචුව
jet : ක්ෂේපය
jet : ක්ෂේප
jet : වේගයෙන් නික්මෙනවා
jet : නික්මවනවා
jet : චඤ්චූව
jet : කළු පළිඟුව
jet : පිහිර
- Same as 2d Get.
- A variety of lignite, of a very compact texture and velvet black color, susceptible of a good polish, and often wrought into mourning jewelry, toys, buttons, etc. Formerly called also black amber.
- A shooting forth; a spouting; a spurt; a sudden rush or gush, as of water from a pipe, or of flame from an orifice; also, that which issues in a jet.
- Drift; scope; range, as of an argument.
- The sprue of a type, which is broken from it when the type is cold.
- To strut; to walk with a lofty or haughty gait; to be insolent; to obtrude.
- To jerk; to jolt; to be shaken.
- To shoot forward or out; to project; to jut out.
Transitive verb. To spout; to emit in a stream or jet.