Sinhala Dictionary definitions for hop
hop 🔊 /hɑˈp/
hop : කුන්දු ගහනවා
hop : පනිනවා
hop : පිම්ම
hop : බීරමල්
- To move by successive leaps, as toads do; to spring or jump on one foot; to skip, as birds do.
- To walk lame; to limp; to halt.
- To dance.
- To gather hops. [Perhaps only in the form Hopping, vb. n.]
- A leap on one leg, as of a boy; a leap, as of a toad; a jump; a spring.
- A dance; Especially., an informal dance of ball.
- A climbing plant (Humulus Lupulus), having a long, twining, annual stalk. It is cultivated for its fruit (hops).
- The catkin or strobilaceous fruit of the hop, much used in brewing to give a bitter taste.
- The fruit of the dog-rose. See Hip.
Transitive verb. To impregnate with hops.