Sinhala Dictionary definitions for hip
hip 🔊 /hɪˈp/
hip : ඇකය
hip : උකුළු
hip : උකුළ
hip : රෝස ඵලය
hip : තුනටිය
hip : කටිය
hip : උකුල
hip : ඉණ
hip : ජඝනය
- The projecting region of the lateral parts of one side of the pelvis and the hip joint; the haunch; the huckle.
- The external angle formed by the meeting of two sloping sides or skirts of a roof, which have their wall plates running in different directions.
- In a bridge truss, the place where an inclined end post meets the top chord.
- The fruit of a rosebush, especially of the English dog-rose (Rosa canina).
- Alt. of Hipps
- To dislocate or sprain the hip of, to fracture or injure the hip bone of (a quadruped) in such a manner as to produce a permanent depression of that side.
- To throw (one's adversary) over one's hip in wrestling (technically called cross buttock).
- To make with a hip or hips, as a roof.
Interjection. Used to excite attention or as a signal; as, hip, hip, hurra!