Sinhala Dictionary definitions for hag
hag 🔊 /hæˈg/
hag : මැහැල්ල
- A witch, sorceress, or enchantress; also, a wizard.
- An ugly old woman.
- A fury; a she-monster.
- An eel-like marine marsipobranch (Myxine glutinosa), allied to the lamprey. It has a suctorial mouth, with labial appendages, and a single pair of gill openings. It is the type of the order HyperotpetAdjective. Called also hagfish, borer, slime eel, sucker, and sleepmarken.
- The hagdon or shearwater.
- An appearance of light and fire on a horse's mane or a man's hair.
- A small wood, or part of a wood or copse, which is marked off or inclosed for felling, or which has been felled.
- A quagmire; mossy ground where peat or turf has been cut.
Transitive verb. To harass; to weary with vexation.