Sinhala Dictionary definitions for guy
guy 🔊 /gajˈ/
guy : පඹයා
guy : පැන යනවා
guy : වැර රැහැන
- A rope, chain, or rod attached to anything to steady it; as: a rope to steady or guide an object which is being hoisted or lowered; a rope which holds in place the end of a boom, spar, or yard in a ship; a chain or wire rope connecting a suspension bridge with the land on either side to prevent lateral swaying; a rod or rope attached to the top of a structure, as of a derrick, and extending obliquely to the ground, where it is fastened.
- A grotesque effigy, like that of Guy Fawkes, dressed up in England on the fifth of November, the day of the Gunpowder Plot.
- A person of queer looks or dress.
- To steady or guide with a guy.
- To fool; to baffle; to make (a person) an object of ridicule.