Sinhala Dictionary definitions for get
get 🔊 /gɛˈt or gɪˈt/
get : ලබා දෙනවා
get : වෙනවා
get : ලැබෙනවා
get : පමුණුවනවා
get : ලබාගන්නවා
get : අත්පත් කරගන්නවා
get : සලසනවා
get : සොයාගන්නවා
get : පෙළඹවාගන්නවා
get : අල්ලාගන්නවා
get : පැමිණෙනවා
get : වටහාගන්නවා
- Jet, the mineral.
- Fashion; manner; custom.
- Artifice; contrivance.
- Offspring; progeny; as, the get of a stallion.
- To procure; to obtain; to gain possession of; to acquire; to earn; to obtain as a price or reward; to come by; to win, by almost any means; as, to get favor by kindness; to get wealth by industry and economy; to get land by purchase, etc.
- Hence, with have and had, to come into or be in possession of; to have.
- To beget; to procreate; to generate.
- To obtain mental possession of; to learn; to commit to memory; to memorize; as to get a lesson; also with out; as, to get out one's Greek lesson.
- To prevail on; to induce; to persuade.
- To procure to be, or to cause to be in any state or condition; -- with a following participle.
- To betake; to remove; -- in a reflexive use.
- To make acquisition; to gain; to profit; to receive accessions; to be increased.
- To arrive at, or bring one's self into, a state, condition, or position; to come to be; to become; -- with a following adjective or past participle belonging to the subject of the verb; as, to get sober; to get awake; to get beaten; to get elected.