Sinhala Dictionary definitions for gag
gag 🔊 /gæˈg/
gag : මුකවාඩම
gag : රවටනවා
gag : මුකවාඩම් බඳිනවා
- To stop the mouth of, by thrusting sometimes in, so as to hinder speaking; hence, to silence by authority or by violence; not to allow freedom of speech to.
- To pry or hold open by means of a gag.
- To cause to heave with nausea.
- To heave with nausea; to retch.
- To introduce gags or interpolations. See Gag, n., 3.
- Something thrust into the mouth or throat to hinder speaking.
- A mouthful that makes one retch; a choking bit; as, a gag of mutton fat.
- A speech or phrase interpolated offhand by an actor on the stage in his part as written, usually consisting of some seasonable or local allusion.