Sinhala Dictionary definitions for fur
fur 🔊 /fɚˈ/
fur : කාරම් ඉවත් කරනවා
fur : මල
- The short, fine, soft hair of certain animals, growing thick on the skin, and distinguished from the hair, which is longer and coarser.
- The skins of certain wild animals with the fur; peltry; as, a cargo of furs.
- Strips of dressed skins with fur, used on garments for warmth or for ornament.
- Articles of clothing made of fur; as, a set of furs for a lady (a collar, tippet, or cape, muff, etc.).
- Any coating considered as resembling fur
- A coat of morbid matter collected on the tongue in persons affected with fever.
- The soft, downy covering on the skin of a peach.
- The deposit formed on the interior of boilers and other vessels by hard water.
- One of several patterns or diapers used as tinctures. There are nine in all, or, according to some writers, only six.
Adjective. Of or pertaining to furs; bearing or made of fur; as, a fur cap; the fur trade.
- To line, face, or cover with fur; as, furred robes.
- To cover with morbid matter, as the tongue.
- To nail small strips of board or larger scantling upon, in order to make a level surface for lathing or boarding, or to provide for a space or interval back of the plastered or boarded surface, as inside an outer wall, by way of protection against damp.